Monday, June 2, 2008

After the Storm...

On Friday, May 30, the eastside of Indianapolis was hit with a tornado. The tornado touched down about a mile from where I live. Many families were left homeless after the storm tore the roof off their homes, uprooted trees and landed them on top of buildings and apartments, and gas pumps were literally tossed across the street. This is the second time in 6 years this area has been hit by a tornado. The last time was in 2002.
My mom and I were at home, while Melvin was still at work and Tre went to a classmate's open house. Thankfully, we were not hurt nor was there any damage to our house. However, that wasn't the case with our car. After the storm passed, Tre was on his way home and drove into what he thought was a small puddle of water, but in fact was a pool of water, in the street. Water entered the car and flooded it. He was able to get out and return to his friends house, but not before calling me with fear in his voice. He said the water was up to his knees.
His friend's father was able to push the car out of the water and brought Tre home. On Saturday, the car would not start at all, but we managed to get it started on Sunday. Melvin used the shop vac to get some of the water out before taking it to the mechanic.
Tonight, my mom and I drove through one of the areas that was hit hard so I could get a few pictures(after Cornelius called to tell me I should go see it). The were several police officers partolling the area, so I didn't get many pictures, but here are a few


Just a week ago my Mom, Granny and I were here...look at it now.






This is the shop vac that we used to get all the water out of the car!


Please keep thosed affected by the storm in your prayers.

No comments: