Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Kalama-ewwwww!!



For the past 3 years, Melvin, Tre and I have gone to Kalamazoo, Michigan in June for a soccer tournament. This year was no different, as this would be Tre's last soccer game. All the parents and guys were really looking forward to this game. We usually all have a great time in Kalamazoo!!!

This year we left Indianapolis around 2:00, Friday afternoon in order to get into Michigan early to take advantage of our time there. We arrived around 5:00, checked in, dropped our luggage off in the room and out we went. Tre went to find the other players on his team and Melvin and I headed downtown to explore the city and take advantage of the beautiful weather.

Much to our surprised... there was an Island Festival going on. We decided to see what it was all about.

There were sooo many food booths we didn't know which one to choose. I decided not to take any chances so I went to bacon wrapped shrimp kabobs with rice from Jammin' Jerks Island Grille! Melvin had Jerk chicken with island rice. We didn't stop there...I also had cheesecake on a stick and a Caribbean soda...it tasted like Mello Yello(remember those)!





The night was still young so we decided to listen to a couple of bands and people watch.




But...before the second band took the stage, my stomach started to rumbling...I had a salty taste in my mouth. I know what I think wasn't about to hap....

Yes, it did... I had to run to the bushes to throw up. All I could hear was someone in the background saying..."EWWWWW, SOMEBODY GIVE HER SOME GUM"!!!
I felt better and did get to enjoy the music of the second band, but not for long. Again I had to go to the bushes. Finally, Melvin and I left and walked back to the hotel, with me making several stops on the way to make a deposit!


As for the soccer game(oh yeah...the reason we went to Kalamazoo), the guys all played really hard, but just could not come away with a victory...they lost all three games(two on Saturday and one on Sunday)!

No comments: